SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

5/8" Non Tilt Block and Tackle Window Balance

A handy person from Jacksonville, FL says:
Hi - my window no longer goes up and down smoothly. I believe I need to replace two 5/8" non tilt block and tackle window balances and the plastics top and bottom clips. I've removed the balances and I included a document with hopefully the pictures you need to help advise me.

I will also need four small clips for the window (picture included). The clips are attached to the frame around the window and appear to provide anchoring for the window to the balance.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I have received your pictures, but I'm still not sure what balance it is you need. Can you show me a clear picture of the top and bottom nylon attachment? Your pictures only appear to show the top.

It also looks like your top sash guide was damaged. I recommend watching the video below to see what i mean. Once you have, see our top sash guide section to see if we have a match for your hardware.

Finally, for the clip attached to the frame of the window, it appears to be a kind of face guide. See our selection of face guides to determine if anything here could match it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)