SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

60's/70's Dresser Drawers

A quick learner says:
I would like to know if the 32-053 drawer track kit would work for this drawer.
The wooden runner is 14.5"L x 1"W x .75"H.
The white glide attached to the drawer has a 1 1/8" opening.
The metal part keeps the drawer from being pushed in too far.
If this kit is suitable, would the ledge on which the back of the runner rests need to be removed?
Also, what are the options for keeping the drawer from falling out? Thanks.
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You are looking to replace your track with the 32-053. It comes 22-3/4" long you will need to cut it with a hack saw to the proper length. The rear drawer guide that comes with the kit is the 32-032. However, I believe the guide you have now is the 32-031 going by your dimensions.

We don't have the metal drawer stop you show, but I wonder if you could use the 32-083 guide as a replacement? You could nail it into the cabinet in the same location to stop the drawer from going into far. You might need to cut or notch the cabinet or drawer to install this or any new type track.

With all that being said take, a look at the 32-063 drawer track. I have used this track kit in the past with great success on a wide variety of drawers. It comes with a built-in drawer stop and adjustable rear track socket. You will also need to notch and cut to install this kit, but I think it will be easier to do all around. I found the 32-063 not too difficult to install and was happy with the results. Take a look at the video on how to install it, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)