67-028 plastic face guides

A quick learner from Delray Beach Florida says:
There are 4 of these on each sash. I can get them in one side but how do you put the other side in?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This type of face guide is used for a certain brand of window. If you have this type guides then your sash should have a cut out to snap the 67-028 into the side of the sash. If you don't have this cutout, then the 67-028 is probably not what you need. If you can, send us some photos of your original face guide and a photo of how they attach to the sash.
A quick learner from Delray Beach FL says:
Thanx Dave. I'm certain this is the right part for my window. Let me explain a little further.

To remove the sash in this window, you have to remove the guides on either the left side or the right side of the sash. In my case I cut them off at the cutout with a utility knife. Once removed the sash can be shoved toward the removed side and then the opposite side slips out.

Putting the sash back is the reversal, however, the guide has two tabs at right angles to each other. One has to go in the cutout and the other slides between the sash and the track. I can't see how to insert these guides without prying out and bending the track, and hammering it back after the tab is in. Not a good solution.

See attached drawing
Track diagram
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I will never understand window companies that make their products not realizing that some day they will need to be repaired. I definitely see your dilemma, but it's a tricky one. Do you think you can use our 67-029 on one side, then install the sash back in the frame and use the 67-002 screw on face guides on the other side? That's one idea. Dave may have more suggestions.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm with Paul. I also see the problem you're facing. I'll do my best to come up with something! Let's start with how to get the guide behind the track of the main frame and snap the it back into the window sash. First, check to see if there are any cut outs or notches in the track were you could sneak the guide into. Also, are there any window stops at the top of the track? If so, with those stops removed then you might have access to attach the guides. It also could be that these sashes were not made to come out of the main frame of the window, like Paul mentioned. The guides could have been attached at the same time the manufacturer put the sashes into the tracks. You might need to go with Paul's suggestion, then.
A quick learner from Delray Beach says:
Ah Ha,
The screw-on guide is just the ticket. Too bad it's white but I can live with that.

Thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.