SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installing 6ft. Pella Screen Door Trolley

A home owner from Fort Wayne, Indiana says:
I just received the part (80-054) from your company. I was hoping for installation guidance. I have removed the sliding screen door but can't figure out how to remove the existing trolley from the track. I'm hopeful once removed I will be able to figure out how to install the Swisco replacement part.
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It may seem like a daunting procedure at first, but as you'll see, it's fairly easy. It's just a matter of making sure everything is facing the right direction as you install.

But first, you'll have to remove the old screen track. To do so, remove the three screws that attach the screen track to the head member of the door frame. Remove the screw at each end first, then remove the screw in the center of the track last. You should hold the track in place with your hand when removing the last screw. Having another person handy to help you with this would be ideal. With all the screws removed, you can then carefully remove the track from the door frame.

Now to install the new track! You should ensure that the spring tension adjuster is located on the end that will be facing toward the lock sie of the door, while the wood veneer side of the track is installed "roomside." You should also ensure that the track mounting spacer is located toward the fixed jamb end of the track.

Then, hold the track in position and insert a #8 x 3/4" Phillips head screw into the pre-drilled hole in the center of the track, and then another screw in the pre-drilled hole located at the lock-side end of the track.

After that, simply place your screen door back in the door frame and you're done!

For a more comprehensive guide, please take a look at these Official Installation Instructions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)