SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trouble installing 70-219

A home owner from Michigan says:
My 7/16" x 3/4 screen had plunger pins that are about 1/8 across where they fit into the window frame on the house. I ordered WSC605 and drilled all the frames using the 7/32 to 1/4 step drill. I installed plunger pins on two of the frames and they pins are too large for the slots which are about 1/4" wide. My problem is I already drilled the holes in all the frames so trying to find something that fits the 7/16" hole. I bought tapered aluminum ones and they are too narrow (1/4" instead of 7/16") for the frame opening. So then I got 70-219 from you and when I put the cap on it shortens how much the pin protrudes so that the wider 7/16" part of the pin is pulled into the frame. I did not realize they were different sizes when I first ordered them.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A home owner from Michigan says:
Is this the right pin for my windows with the holes already drilled or do you have a longer pin for a 7/16" opening?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have few suggestions to get you out of this jam. First, concerning the 70-219 that you already have, you could try and cut the neck of the cap a little shorter. With a shorter neck, the pin should stick out further, giving you more room to work. Try grinding the end of your existing pin into a point. You could also consider our 70-009 or 70-008 pins.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)