Trouble installing 70-219

A home owner from Michigan says:
My 7/16" x 3/4 screen had plunger pins that are about 1/8 across where they fit into the window frame on the house. I ordered WSC605 and drilled all the frames using the 7/32 to 1/4 step drill. I installed plunger pins on two of the frames and they pins are too large for the slots which are about 1/4" wide. My problem is I already drilled the holes in all the frames so trying to find something that fits the 7/16" hole. I bought tapered aluminum ones and they are too narrow (1/4" instead of 7/16") for the frame opening. So then I got 70-219 from you and when I put the cap on it shortens how much the pin protrudes so that the wider 7/16" part of the pin is pulled into the frame. I did not realize they were different sizes when I first ordered them.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A home owner from Michigan says:
Is this the right pin for my windows with the holes already drilled or do you have a longer pin for a 7/16" opening?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have few suggestions to get you out of this jam. First, concerning the 70-219 that you already have, you could try and cut the neck of the cap a little shorter. With a shorter neck, the pin should stick out further, giving you more room to work. Try grinding the end of your existing pin into a point. You could also consider our 70-009 or 70-008 pins.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.