SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

79-124 needs repair

A purchasing agent from North Kansas City, MO says:
My 79-124 blew apart and the base female threads are completely stripped. Needs relacing and it is connected to 103" long aluminum door jam, which needs replacing as well. How do I go about procuring the aluminum component? Please advise.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Your jamb is 103" long, but how tall is the door itself? You might be able to use our 79-092, which can work for a standard size door (around 84"), but not for anything taller.
A purchasing agent from North KC says:
Thanks, Paul. Door is about 83" tall. We will keep the current configuration per attached image. The bottom portion of the jamb, where the pivot attaches, is toast. Thus, both parts needed. Correct me if I am wrong.
User submitted a photo of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think I agree with your original assessment. That looks a lot like our 79-124; that is, if a 79-124 were to explode! It's just hard to say for sure without seeing it undamaged. I think it's a good place to start.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)