SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

81-133 track cleaner rattles in the track

A quick learner from USA says:
I recently replaced the rollers on my 40 year old sliding glass door with this part: Sliding Door Roller, Alcan Product Code: 81-133. The nylon track cleaner rattles, making quite a bit of noise. Is this normal? What should I look for if this is not normal? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Give your track a spray of silicone and that should stop the rattling. We like silicone spray over oil since it doesn't attract dust or debris.
A quick learner says:
Thank you for the response. We'll give it a "shot". Loving the wheels!
A quick learner says:
The silicone spray did not resolve the issue.
Profile picture of Paul
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. The only other option I can think of is to remove the nylon track cleaner.
A quick learner says:
I presume that I will have to reverse the installation process by removing the bottom rail. How difficult is it to remove the track cleaner?
Profile picture of Paul
It's not difficult. You would just need to remove the adjusting screw so the cleaner drops out of housing.
A quick learner says:
Excellent. Thanks so much for your assistance - hope you have a happy and safe holiday.
Profile picture of Paul
You too!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)