SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

82-008 depth

A handy person from USA says:
Can you tell me the depth on the Daryl Patio sliding door handle product code 82-008? I'm replacing someone's door handle and have never messed with these. I found one but it was thicker than the door itself. Im putting this on a door that is 1 and 5/16 inch thick.

Thanks for any help
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 82-008K is made for 1" thick doors. Is there any way we can see pictures of the old lock? That could possibly help us find a better match.
A quick learner from GA says:
Here are a few pictures. Center to center is 6 1/2 overall is 7 3/8. Door is 1 5/16 thick.

Thanks for your help
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I do not believe the 82-008K what you need, no. The hook latch in the 82-008K is higher up than on the one you have, and the hook faces downward. You handle is more like our 82-002W. The 82-002W is also for a 1" thick door. Take a look and see if the latch hook lines up to where yours does. If so, you might be able to use it along with your existing screws and key cylinder. If you can't re-use your old key lock, take a look at the 82-302 key cylinder and compare it to the length on your key cylinder.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)