82-032, Patio door handle set's lever does not fit lock.

A quick learner from Green Bay, WI says:
The lever lock on my patio door quit working.The lever was loose and seemed to fall out of the mating door lock slot. (2300-1061) Thinking something was wrong with the handle and door latch lever I ordered a new (82-032) handle assembly.New lever has a plastic end that won't fit into slot of latching mechanism. Are these parts compatable? Or do I need a new mechanism also?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You could be referring to the plastic shipping cap. That has to be removed for you to install the handle on the door. That cap is used only to keep it from breaking during shipment.
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.