SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

82-036 Patio Door Handle

A home owner from Florida says:
Would this handle be a replacement for a flush-mounted (inside and out) handle (approx. 3/4" wide slot) that has 6 9/16" on-center screws with a hook-latch? The door is 1" thick. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! What you describe certainly sounds like our 82-036, but I can't say if it will replace what you have unless I can see a picture of your original handle set. Could you upload a few pictures here for me to see? That would help give us a better idea.
(3) Photos and diagram with measurements
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
These pictures are great! Just what we needed. Have you seen our 82-002W White Sliding Door Handle Set? This looks just like what you have, and I think will be a better fit.
I apologize for not being specific originally. I'm looking to provide handles inside and out to provide easier gripping vs the recessed stock handle. I'm hoping the 82-036 fits the bill.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I've seen people add an additional pull to the existing flush set. You could install the flush mount with a pull such as our 88-001, 88-002, or 88-009. How does that look?
A quick learner from Florida says:
Would like to know if person did purchase 82 036 as I have the same need to have handles both in and out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)