82-055 for 1-1/2" thick door?

A quick learner from Ada, MI says:
I have an Acorn sliding door and am in need of a handle set. This door may be 40 years old. It has the 3-1/2" c-to-c attachment dimension. But the door is 1-1/2" thick. Will the 82-055 work with longer screws?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Longer screws will definitely be necessary, but the locking latch still won't be long enough. You would need to reuse the older locking latch from the original handle, since they no longer make this style handle for doors as thick as yours.
A handy person from Dayton, OH says:
I have 2 sliding doors from Dorwal with the same issue, broken handles on a 1 1/2" sliding door.

I am alright with using the original latch, but I would like to know if the original screws have the same threads, or do you supply screws long enough to work with the 1 1/2" door. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your old screws should fit the new lock, yes. You could also bring one of the old ones to a local hardware store to match them up, should you ever need extras.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.