SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

82-075 Sliding glass door handle

A quick learner from Franklin TN says:
in searching your inventory, apparently the 82-075 is what I have. My problem is my set is 17 years old and seems to be, for lack of better words, a bit ornate in design. As you can see, the shape is different from what is shown on your website. As you can imagine, the wear on the wooden door will match the width which is 1 5/16" compared to the 1" on the newer model. I don't want to have to stain the whole door to match it up.

As far as the handle itself, The problem I have is the spindle connected to the Inside flip latch broke and does not reach the mortise. I replaced the mortise a year ago so it is fine. Is there any way to just replace this spindle? Thanks.

Markings: top 2303 Taiwan...middle: US Patent 5125703D34098...bottom: Sash Control MI
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this thumb lever cannot be replaced, since it is machine pressed at the factory. The 82-075 might be the only available replacement around, since I don't think your specific style is made anymore.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)