SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

82-214 latch doesn't fit handle

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
This afternoon I tried installing my new 82-214 latches. There is an issue.

The door pull handle lock lever will not move the lock far enough. There is an angle difference in the slot from the old lock to the new lock (as seen in the pics). No matter how the lock handle is installed it will not move the lock far enough. It looks to me like I will need a new lock lever with the "+" on it oriented 45
A customer submitted image of their door handle lock set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think I see what you're saying. I actually don't think it looks that far off. I recommend that you try to turn the key cylinder tail and then reinstall it. See if that does the trick. If not, let me know and we can try to come up with another solution.
A handy person from PA says:
I tried both positions of the lock cyl. tail from the get go. I also tried the lock lever handle in both positions. One orientation the lock lever will limit travel to the lock open position, the other position the lock lever will limit travel to the lock closed position. Hopefully the people that make the 82-214 also make a pull handle with a lock lever to match it.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I think you may be able to use our 82-231, or 82-237 depending on the length of your original thumb turn. These are not angled like 45 degrees like your original seems to be.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)