SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Would like to add an exterior keyed lock for a sliding glass

A home owner from Yarmouth says:
Would like to add an exterior keyed lock for a sliding glass door. My best guess after reviewing your site is your Key Lock Set Product Code: 82-309. My door is mfg by Paradigm (series: 8394 Patio Door). I contacted Paradigm and they told me that a keyed lock-set is available. The local supplier that they put me in touch with will only sell me a complete new handle set with the included keyed lock ($130). The inside of my existing external handle does show a knockout for a keyed lock cylinder. Any suggestions from your product line? I can send pics if necessary.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We have a few different key cylinders that I think could be a better option than the 82-309. That's really only meant for handles that don't have a knockout already. Before we can suggest anything, please show us a few pictures of your handle set and we can work from there. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)