SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

84-094 screen door rollers

A quick learner from roanoke va says:
I have received the 84-094 rollers and I watched the video on how to remove the old rollers I am not sure by looking at video if I have to remove the metal strip at the bottom of door and top of door the video showes like something was removed to expose the old roller. Do I remove the metal strip from the door?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You might be able to remove and reinstall the new rollers without taking the door frame apart. First, turn the adjusting screw counter clockwise to loosen the wheel. Now you might be able to get in the cut out for the wheel with the needle nose pliers. If not, you will need to take the door apart and remove the corner wheels to change them out. If you still aren't sure, you can send us some photos of your door so we can get a better idea of what you're working with.
A quick learner from roanoke va says:
here is the picture of my screen door not a very good picture but hope you can see what I am talking about
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for the pictures, this is a big help. You are going to have to remove the screen wire, unscrew the corners, then take the frame apart to get to the wheel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)