SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

9 inch vs 8 inch arm

A handy person says:
I have the old operator out of the frame. The hole spacing matches the specs on the 39-045 but the crank is on the hinge side of the pivot and the arm measures about 8 inches rather than the nine inches shown in the diagram. If I measure from the center line of the pivot to the center of the "knob" that goen into the slide. I get 9 inches. (From the centerline of the pivot to the end of the arm is about 9 3/8 inches.) Will the 39-045 (and 39-044) work for my application?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have updated the product pictures for both 39-044 and 39-045 Getty replacement crank operators. The measurements of the crank arms on the old pictures were not very clear. The picture below is how it the arm should be measured.
Arm measurement of the 39-044 replacement Getty crank operator.
Also, two new products have been added. The 39-029 is a right handed crank operator exactly like the 39-045 other than the arm measures 8" instead of 9". The other new product is 39-030 which is exactly like the 39-044 other than the arm measures 8" instead of 9".
A quick learner says:
This is now very clear. I know that the 39-044 will work for my window. Thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)