Material of 90-278 window lock

A handy person from Willow street pa says:
I have the original locks like these and the white metal laches keep breaking. ARE YOUR LOCKS MADE FROM WHITE METAL OR PRESSED STEEL. I f I do not have the lash completly pull back they snap off.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Our 90-278, and most similarly designed locks, are made of die cast metal.

I'm not sure why your locks are breaking, but one reason could be because the upper sash might be hanging down a little (it would almost look like the top sash is "smiling"). What I've done in the past was shim up the keeper, that might help it interact with the lock more comfortably and prevent your future locks from breaking so easily.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.