SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

A higher 58-162

A home owner from Mount Prospect, IL says:
I ordered the 58-162 replacement sweep for my storm door. It fit perfectly in the track but the 1/16" difference between the replacement and the original leaves a noticeable gap that allows air and bugs to pass under the sweep -- really wish it was a little higher.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting feedback on the 58-162 Bottom Sweep.

Unfortunately we don't have a higher version of the 58-162, but there are a couple other sweeps you may want to look at. For example, the 40-003, 40-004 and 40-005 door sweeps.

You may find these sweeps give you more flexibility when it comes to height, and could possibly make up for that gap where you're experiencing air flow.

A home owner from Mount Prospect, IL says:
Mike,

Thanks for the additional information. I looked at these, but waasn't sure if the vinyl strip could be removed so I could insert it into my door. Also, couldn't tell dimensions of just the vinyl strip -- do you have these dimensions? Once I have this information, I will know which one will work.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Of course! It's my pleasure.

Now, the vinyl insert for these sweeps are not removable, but are adjustable, so the height of the vinyl itself isn't an issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)