SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

ABC 1956 sliding door parts needed, in Miami, FL

A contractor from Miami, FL says:
I have a 1956 original ABC marked sliding glass doors on my patio I need a track replacement and wheels both ends of one door. The track I can figure out. I was hoping you could narrow down my wheel search by seeing pictures of the doors I have attached. This would save me from removing the door twice. This wall of glass is 4 moving doors. The door frame is about 1 5/16" thick by 2 1/4" wide. Included are pictures of the edges of the door bottom and the mfg. logo. My neighbors all want their doors done also so I will be ordering for some of them with more orders to follow.

Thanks,
John
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say exactly what you have based on these images. You could start with our 81-004, but you will have to remove the roller from the door and carefully compare it to our specs to be sure.
A contractor from Miami, FL says:
I need replacement wheels and locks for this 1956 sliding doors that I previously inquired about and sent pictures of. I took one of the original wheels out and here are photos of it and the locking mechanism. The wheels are designed to lock in the frame and actually hold the corners of the window frame together.

Thanks,
John
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Looking at this picture, it appears similar to our 81-013, but I can't say anything for sure without detailed dimensions. Carefully compare the measurements we show for the 81-013 to your own hardware and see how they match. If they differ in any way, please let me know exactly how.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)