SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

ACORN DorWAL screen door roller & corner parts

A handy person from Arlington, VA says:
Hi, I have pictures I would like to send to verify that I am buying the right parts. There is a part # on the corner of mine which is: 11347 T/M. I believe it is close to your 95-020 but I want to make sure. Also, there is a slight difference between the size of the wheel of my roller and yours, part 84-090. My wheel is 1"1/4 and the closest part I could find has a 1" wheel. Is there an exact match or is this the closest you carry? Does it matter? Are there any other factors I may have missed? Also, how are these parts installed? I was told at my local hardware store that the wheel and corner are welded together and are supposed to be one part. Does it come with instructions/diagrams? Have a great weekend and thank you so much! Ann
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Attach your pictures to a reply post.
A handy person from Arlington, VA says:
I am attaching a picture to this message.
Customer image of their Acorn DorWal roller.
It looks similar to parts 95-020 and 84-090 and the measurements are the same with the exception of the wheel. Mine is 1 1/4" in diameter and 1/4" thick. I am assuming that the metal flange of the roller is correct. Mine is broken so I have no way to verify. Also please verify that the width of the top of 95-020 is 1 1/4 wide. I also wanted to find out if you had any advice concerning installation because my local hardware store told me it had to be welded. I don't think so but would be grateful for any tips on the install.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,
Ann
Our 95-020 corner measures 1 1/8" wide & 3/8" thick. To remove old corner: First remove screen wire, then unwind the adjusting screw to loosen wheel so you can take door apart, and remove old corner key and roller. Reverse process to put back together.
A quick learner from Arlington says:
Thanks, Paul! Is the 1/4" difference with the wheel going to e a problem? Your 84-090 appears to be 1/4" smaller.
May I suggest the 84-016 screen door roller, it's 1 1/4" and is used with this corner.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)