SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

ACORN DorWAL sliding patio door

A quick learner from Chicago, IL says:
Door approx 28-30 years old. Inside handle broke. Need the metal piece that the handle attaches to.

Screw to screw measures 3-1/2 inches. Door thickness when measured facing the edge when it is open is 1-1/2 inches.

Is your product code 82-055 the correct item replacement because the description for that item says for 1" door rails. Not sure exactly what a door rail is.

Can I a replacement metal piece for just the piece that is broken. Other than that works fine.
A customer submitted image of their patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 82-055 appears to be the best match. The thickness of your door rail just means the thickness of your door. You could still try to use it, but you may have to re-use your old screws and old thumb turn. Would you be able to do that?
A home owner from Virginia Beach, VA says:
Just wondering how that piece worked out for the 1-1/2 inch door? I don't think I can reuse any current parts....
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)