SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Acme 4023 roller

A home owner says:
I have 8-0 mirrored closet doors. they currently have a "guide" on the bottom and I want to replace it with a roller. The guide has the following markings: on the plastic guide: ACME 4023 US PAT 3,261,129 on the metal housing: US PAT 3750337 ACME.

Parts I've tried from Lowes and Home Depot don't work. Can you recommend something?

User submitted picsture of Acme 4023 roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This looks to be similar to our 23-026 Acme Bottom Sliding Door Guide. If so, I don't believe there is an equivalent with a roller. We always recommend replacing your hardware with what was installed originally.
A home owner from Saint Louis says:
I have the same 8' doors with patent 3750337 ACME. Have all hardware except for the track. Need top and bottom pieces.

These doors are not original to my home and am custom building the closet to install the doors.

Also wondering if you have any knowledge about the mirror doors as pocket doors. I think it would pretty darn cool to have access to the entire closet...my builder (dad) thinks it would be crazy difficult but IS open to suggestions.

Thought I would clarify with a pic. I have the mirrors and the hardware attached to them.

I believe I only need the tracking, but have no idea if top and bottom tracking is necessary. The photo shows a top and bottom of 2 mirrors. From what I've seen in stores the wheel is the top and the other bit is the bottom (?)

Please clarify and let me know what additional parts are needed. Any other info as far as dimension for tracking would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! I am not sure if we will have exactly what you need. You might want to consider replacing the whole track kit, but what will work depends on the weight of your doors. Or 23-251 and 23-252 are for 1 panel pocket doors up to 150 pounds. If your door is more than 150 pounds but less than 250 pounds, then you can still use those kits but will also need our 23-176S.

These are just possible substitutes, keep in mind. I cannot guarantee that they will work. It is difficult recommending replacement hardware for custom projects.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)