Acorn Dor Wal Sliding patio door

A home owner from Virginia Beach says:
Door is about 25 years old and the track has been dented some from use and the door is difficult to slide. Would like to purchase your repair track kit and rollers, but can't find the model number for the Acorn patio door. What information can I provide to obtain the correct replacement rollers. It's a difficult job to remove the sliding door as hardwood flooring was installed after door was installed so some of the hardwood would need to be ground down to remove the door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We carry a couple different Acorn brand rollers, but the only way to be 100% sure that they match is to remove your original rollers from the door and carefully compare them to our pictures and measurements. I know it's inconvenient, but that's how this kind of hardware is designed. There is no simpler way to guarantee a match.

I've made a list of possible replacement rollers for you, which you can see on the right side of this page. Click on each part to visit their store page and view our dimensions and information.
A professional from California says:
If you can find someone local who knows these types of doors, it may be possible to take the door apart in the frame to replace the rollers.
Probably easier than grinding down flooring.
Depending on the design, it also may be that the door was meant to go out rather than in. I don't see many of these doors in California, but some were easier to remove from outside. I would recommend at least talking with a professional.
A quick learner from Virginia Beach says:
Thank you for the responses

After really looking at the bottom of the door by lifting as high as possible I cannot see any rollers. Is it possible that this door
Acorn Dor Wal 1200 does not have rollers, but travels on a different type of support??
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I suppose it is, but it would have been some kind of custom alteration. There's no way to know for sure in situations like that. If you cannot confirm that the rollers I mentioned can work, then the only other way to confirm is to remove them from the door. Our friend from California offered some great advice on that front.
A quick learner from Virginia Beach says:
Thanks for the responses. Did take the professional from California's advice and took the doors out from the front. A little more difficult to remove both doors than one, but it did not require any heavy sanding of the floor.
All done now, but was not able to put in a track cover, but still much better.
Thanks
A professional from California says:
Which rollers did it use?
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.