SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Acorn DorWAL Series 400 Door handle

A home owner from Denver, Colorado says:
My 75 year old mother's sliding patio door handle broke at the top screw recently. Her townhome was built in 1985 and I gather Acorn is out of business. I've read many discussion threads here and think you can help us. The AAMA sticker in the jamb says it is series 400, code: 130-1, Spec: SGD-A2-SGD-A2-HP-50. Mst available if you need them. What measurements do you need from me in order to find the correct locking door handle replacement? The door is very heavy, and hard to slide so I believe we should replace the wheels also. Should we also replace the track? Thanks for your help. will try also to send pictures if you need them?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

I believe the sliding door handle lock is 82-055. The roller could be 81-033. If you want to repair the track you can either use the track covers 80-100 or 80-102 - you can also replace the track using part 80-105. We also have a sliding glass door track lubricant you could try, part number 75-077.

You should compare my suggestions to your actual hardware to make sure they match up before you purchase them. If you would like, take pictures of your hardware and upload them here so that I can confirm what exact parts you need.
A quick learner from Denver CO says:
Thanks for your response. I will probably order the black handle 82-055 and the lubricant. When I did a search on your site for rollers, your site matched the 400 series with part #81-005, yet you recommend 81-033. What should I check to decide which (of your many rollers) is the correct one to order? Also, if I get the wrong part, may I return it?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you're having difficulty matching your original hardware to what we have listed online, I'd recommend uploading a few photos of your roller so we can take a look and help you identify a replacement.

You can find all of our return information at our Return/Exchange Policy section.
Thanks. Will try to get the door lifted out of the track and get measurements/pictures. Once I remove an existing wheel/roller, will it go back in without damage/trouble? I'm concerned about keeping the door functional while we go through the order/ship process.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The roller should come out of the door without any damage to the door. Be careful and take your time.
Cannot get our wheels out to get a full view of the housing, so giving up on replacing the wheels. That is a very complicated removal with removing the bottom section of door/glass just to get to the wheels.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I understand that this can be a difficult process. It is recommended that you contact a professional or a local glass company that is familiar with patio doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)