SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Acorn Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller

A quick learner from CT says:
I have a large Acorn Sliding door (~50" w x ~70" high). I don't see a model# anywhere on either the stationary, sliding door or frame.

1) Can you help identify the door ... so I can get replacement rollers?
I'd rather not remove the door to identify the rollers, if possible.
2) How many roller sets do I need?
3) How many different types (product codes) exist. I don't mind buying each set, then beginning my project ... return the one(s), I don't use.
= = = =
4) Can you assist with instructions / video on how to remove this specific door?

The only marking I can find is on the handle: ACORNDorWAL (not sure about the character before the W)

Thank you,,
Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I have received your picture, but it's hard to tell exactly what you need. It might be an Acorn 1200 Series Thermal break door, but I can't be sure. There are many possible replacements for this roller and without seeing it I'm not sure I can narrow it down. Is there a metallic AAMA sticker anywhere on the inner frame? Seeing that may help.

I know it's frustrating having to remove the roller in order to identify it, but that's just how many doors are made. Many manufacturers designed their doors with the intent of replacing the whole thing once any individual part broke, so they saw no need to make it easier to identify things like rollers.
A quick learner from CT says:
Paul ... thanks for your reply.

1) Are you saying that I may have to replace the entire door?

2) If the roller can be replaced, I am resigned to the fact that I'll have to remove the door, then the roller to identify it ... etc.

3) COULD IT BE THAT A REPLACEMENT ROLLER DOES NOT EXIST FOR MY DOOR?

4) Any tips or instructions on removing this particular door would greatly appreciated.

Thanks ... Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
No, you do not need to replace the entire door. I only meant to say that manufacturers want you to. We happen to disagree with that logic and thus carry a wide variety of replacement components for patio doors, including rollers. However, I cannot identify your roller without seeing it removed. It is possible that a replacement is no longer made, but we may be able to find something that can work. As for removal instructions, see the video below. This might help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)