Acorn Window Parts

A home owner from Roselle, Illinois says:
Hello,

I am looking for Acorn tilt out window replacement parts. I believe they are the original parts when out townhome was built in 1978.

The spiral balance are 3/8" and 25" long. There is no color indicator at the mouth but the windows seem greater than 22 lbs.

Pivot shoes are 5/8' thick, 2 1/4" across.

The latches are aprox. 2" long, 1 1/4" wide and 1/2" high.

I'm need parts for 6 windows total, 2 of each per window.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have an old Acorn Series 3000 window. With that in mind, I think you should consider the following parts: our 26-169 top tilt lock, S900-25 spiral balance (with a Blue Tip), and 15-046 pivot shoe, though this last one is just an educated guess since I cannot see yours. Please carefully review this hardware to confirm that they will work for you.
A home owner from Roselle, Illinois says:
Thanks Paul,

I'm including some more photos of the pivot shoes to help pin point if possible. Also, there is a number on the part, hard to see but I think it is MJ3055062. Thanks much again,

Joe
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Yes, our 15-046 appears to be a good match. Yours is actually discontinued and no longer made, but I personally think the 15-046 is an even stronger replacement.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.