SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Acorn patio door handle

A quick learner from NY says:
Do you have a clamp type replacement handle similar to #82-009A with a 3/8" projection and 1/4" hook? I have a 15-20 year old Acorn patio door. Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Can you take a picture of your current handle on your Acorn patio door and submit it here in a reply? I would like to see what you mean by projection and hook.
A quick learner says:
Here is the pix. Sorry for the small lettering- if you enlarge it youcan read it. I am looking for 3 dimensions which match my handle.
Thanks
user submitted photo of window latch
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the delay, I had trouble finding a replacement handle set that looks exactly like yours. The 82-009B is the closest handle set we have that should work as a replacement. I spoke with an expert here about your existing handle set and he said this type of handle set is called a gripper lock and he does not recall Acorn ever using this style of handle. He said that if your installation holes match the 4-15/16" installation holes of the 82-009B, you should be able to replace your lock with the 82-009B.

Respond back to this discussion if you have any further questions or would like additional details or views of the 82-009B handle set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)