Acorn slide up window parts

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a client with Acorn slide up windows and need replacement parts for same. I have attached pictures of the tilt out side rod mechanisms and I see on you web page similar rod mechanisms but no similar nylon bottom pieces that the pivot pins on the window can fit into. The rods measure 29" and are 1/2" in diameter. Do you have replacements for these? I need at least a right and left for one window and I would probably order an extra set for future use if another window needs them later on.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The balance looks like our S600-29 with a blue tip. You may want to confirm the diameter of the tube, though. The Series 600 has a diameter of 5/8". The pivot shoe looks like our 15-015, which can work on both sides. Just make sure the dimensions match.
A quick learner from Chesterfield, Michigan says:
I remeasured with calipers and at .550 I could call it 9/16 but not 5/8". I wouldn't care as long as it fits in the cavity and works with the pivot pins on the tilt out window. Do you still think the 600 series or something else? The aluminum rod measures 29" long and in the pictures the center one is showing the pivot shoe broken into two pcs. (the part broken off is on the window sill in the left picture. Whatever is your best guess I will buy and try since I have no other way to go as far as I can tell.
Thank you very much for your response.
Phil
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
9/16" is actually considered 5/8" in the trade, at least when it comes to spiral balances. I think our Series 600 spiral balance is the best choice. Be sure to also see our video on how to replace this kind of balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.