SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Adding drawer tracks where none previously existed

A home owner from USA says:
Hello swisco I have a old solid hickory chest dresser that was handed down to me from my dads family and the dresser is in great shape and very solid built. My problem is the wife always fusses about how hard the drawers are to open because when they builted the dresser back then they did not use tracks in it and the wood to wood when opening is loud so the question is can I add tracks or is there some way to fix this because this dresser will be around as long as man kind are around yes that solid and heavy.I don't think a light weight track will hold up in this dresser because the drawers are heavy as well. Thank You!

Timothy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you might want to consider our 32-063. This is a very versatile and easy to install track kit that has been used in a wide variety of drawers. Check out the video below to see how it's installed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)