SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Additional details of the Crossbow balance

A contractor from Colorado says:
What is the fully extended length of the S850-40 assembly?
What are the other two dimensions (width X depth)
What is the spring rate for the white, or heavier spring?
We're looking at purchasing a large number of these for a custom application we they will work for us.
thank you,
Jim E.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The Series 850 balance is recommended for replacement applications.

I am not clear on what width and depth measurements you are asking for. The top cap measures 1/2" wide and 1/2" deep. The depth of the shoe is 15/32" and the width of the shoe is chosen when ordering. Let me know if there is something more specific you would like me to measure.

The S850-40 with a white shoe can handle window sashes that are 28 to 34 lbs. The S850-40 with a black shoe can handle window sashes that are 10 to 28 lbs. This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.

I am still researching the fully extended length of the S850-40 Crossbow balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)