SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Air-Tite Replacement Weatherstripping

A home owner from Flossmoor, IL says:
My home is 40 years old. I have aluminum weatherstripping with what looks like your bubble seal in a track around my doors. The gray bubble seal base is 4/16 and the bulb is 3/16. The aluminum rail has a label which reads "Air-Tite Products, Inc., 1700 South Franklin Street, South Bend, Indiana. Do you think your 58-119 would work?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 58-119 bubble seal is the closest to your measurements but the base is 1/16" smaller. There is a chance the seals would work fine but with a smaller base you might have a problem with the seals falling out of the channel.
A quick learner from Mt. Washington, KY says:
I'm looking for a seal like the bubble seal 58-119 that can be used for sealing a pull down atic door/steps. What is a bubble seal and is the tube solid or filled with a foam or other insulation?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The 58-119 is not foam filled; it is meant as a replacement weatherstrip that slides into a pre-existing track in the window or door extrusion.

The only new application weatherstrip product I see that could be useful for you is possibly the 58-026, because it has a stick-on base.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)