Alcan Glazing Bead

A home owner from Palm Harbor Florida says:
I am the original owner of my 1986 year built Florida townhome that is block construction on both levels - the windows were manufactured by Alcan - the bronze colored glazing bead has detoriated and is brittle.

Please let me know if you have a replacement w/ lip as shown on the attached drawing.

I purchased a lenth of glazing bead locally that does not have the lip and cannot get it to work - I am mechanically inclined - tried every which way . . .

Thanks

Bob
User submitted a diagram of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Bob. You might want to consider our 55-092. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it appears to be the closest match we have. Do you think you can get it to work?
A quick learner from florida says:
Did the 55-092 work for Bob? I am looking for the same stuff.
A quick learner from Palm Harbor, FL says:
I also would like to know if the 55-092 worked for Bob. His drawings and dimensions are almost exactly the same as mine. We probably have the same windows.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.