SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alcan Single Hung

A distributor from Hobe Sound says:
I purchased part #90-097 which matches up with existing Alcan sash lock except for the cam, it will not catch the keeper. Can you tell me if the 90-097 has a longer reach in the cam? I know it does not have the alignment guides on the sash lock. Trying to find a replacement that will work. All the dimensions on the 90-097 are correct to existing locks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure how the lock on the 90-097 compares to your original. Alcan used many different kinds of parts over the years and I'm not sure exactly what it is you have. I think the issue may be with the keeper. Are you using the keeper that came with the 90-097 kit or the original?
A distributor from Hobe Sound says:
The keeper from the 90-097 is exactly the same as the original keeper one the window currently. there are no adjustments in the keeper to move it forward.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... if everything is exactly the same, then I'm not sure what the problem can be. I do not believe the manufacturer made a different version of the 90-097 with only a slight difference in the locking cam. Could you show me a picture of your old lock and the 90-097 lock side by side?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)