SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alcan window lock A-S 9052

A home owner from Port St Lucie, Fl says:
I need Alcan window locks and spring plastic clips (part) to secure the window spring in place... Attached are pics... Thanks!
User submitted picture of Alcan window lock A-S 9025.
A customer submitted photo of top sash guide.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Can you please supply us the distance between screw hole-centers in inches? This will allow us to determine a suitable replacement lock.
A quick learner from Port St Lucie says:
2 1/4" from hole to hole for the lock... Any luck on the plastic spring clips? Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the information. With those measurements in mind, please take a look at our 90-097 Window Lock and Keeper, which is also 2-1/4", and see if you would want it.

As for the plastic spring clips, we're having a little trouble making it out from the picture you sent. Could you please submit a few new pictures, perhaps from different angles?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Actually, I examined the image of your plastic clip, and I think you should take a look at our 18-161 Norandex Top Sash Guide, which would make sense with an Alcan window. See what you think.
A quick learner from Port St lucie fl says:
Almost ready to place an order... Need these rollers for my Alcan sliding doors... See attached... Pls advise... Thanks!
A customer submitted photo of a sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
That roller looks very similar to our 81-133 Alcan Sliding Door Roller. Take a look at its dimensions and see if you think it matches.
A home owner from Palm City, Florida says:
Just bought the condo - lock are cracked. A-S 9052 is on the back of he lock can you help me.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing discussion regarding the A-S 9052 Alcan window lock. Please take a look at the images above. Does that match your own hardware?

As you can see, Dave had suggested our 90-097 Window Lock and Keeper. Do you think you can use this hardware to substitute your own?
A handy person from Englewood FL says:
I have used the 90-097 cam-style sash lock to replace a broken ALCAN latch (as pictured). In order for the sash to draw tight I was unable to use the previous window frame mounting holes. When installed on my frame, the new latch needed to be mounted closer to the inside of the room by 1/8". In order to get a good purchaseo for the new screw holes, I shiffed the mounting holes down 3/16" as I repositioned the latch further from the glass. This installation method provides coverage of the old holes, however, the base of the new latch protrudes into the room past the edge of the window frame by 1/8".
It works so well that I would use the 90-097 if I need to replace another ALCAN latch if the factory replacement part is not available.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)