Alcoa Window Parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

I have Alcoa windows that were installed in 1993. I have never replaced parts on a window and am grateful for you assistance! I hope you have what I need. Here are the pictures of my window. Please help me determine what I need if you have it.

I watched your replacement video and if I where to need to replace the pivot shoe I am not sure how to get that out!

Thank you again for your help,
Kelly
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Kelly. The pivot shoe looks like the older style of our 15-046. Check that out and let me know if its dimensions are the same as yours. As for the window balance, check out our Series 600 to start. The outer tube of this is metal, instead of plastic, and is 5/8" in diameter.

It's hard to tell what the pivot bar is. We would really need to see it removed from the window, and would also like to know its dimensions. That would be a huge help. In the meantime, see our 26-089, to start.

There are a few methods of removing a pivot shoe. See them here:
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.