SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alcoa tilt window balance

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you looking to replace your balance, or just the pivot shoe? Or perhaps both? See our tilt window spiral balance home page to determine the best match for the spiral balance. I also recommend looking through our selection of pivot shoes.
A quick learner says:
I was going to replace the spiral..but is it recommended to also replace the shoes? I am not sure if the shoe needs replacing, presume if it looks in one piece and moves up/down - I would not need to correct?
Profile picture of Tom
Yep, if your shoe is in working order then you can absolutely re-use it!
A quick learner says:
One last question...with my existing spiral, it had a white plastic tube in the channel - no glazing (as it was white anyway)...with the new spiral coming with a metal tube - now I feel I need to install glazing to cover the tube.

Do you know which glazing I need for a 1994-1996 Alcoa vinyl window? You have a lot of designs so not sure which will fit with the new 600 series spiral. The channel opening is .5 inch, depth is .625
A quick learner says:
Comment on my last email, I do not mean glazing strips - but channel strips to cover the balance rod.
Profile picture of Tom
It sounds like you're looking for balance covers. Unfortunately, we do not carry that kind of hardware. You may want to contact a local hardware store, or the makers of the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)