SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alenco Replacement Balances

A home owner from San Antonio, Texas says:
I have Alenco windows in my home and I need to replace the balances in one of them. I went to your website to ID the correct balance, but the ones shown do not have the corect guides on the ends. I am sending pictures in this message. once is the part number of the balance: 2140

Thank you,

Vince
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Vince. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what bottom shoe that is. I can see from the picture that it looks to be just about 1-1/8", but it's hard to make out from that angle. I'd like you to confirm.

Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe? Once you tell us, we will be able to determine what Series your balance is.

When I was on your site, I too looked at 15-001 and 15-002. I also looked at 15 - 003 which is 1-3/16 and is closer to the exact measurement.
Profile picture of Tom
It could also be 15-003, yes, but I'm not sure if the shape matches. What is the exact measurement of your shoe's depth?
Comparing the measurements shown on your picture of the 15-001 bottom shoe and my part, they are slightly different.

Where your picture shows 1" in height, mine is 1-1/16"

The picture shows 1-1/8 in depth, my part is 1-3/16".

My part is 1/2" wide- same as yours.

I should also note, my home was built in 1993, so the windows are at least that old.
Profile picture of Tom
I still think it resembles the 15-001 more than the 15-003, based on it's style. Is it possible that it is simply a bit worn down? the 15-003 is well under 1" in height, as well, while the 15-001 is actually a bit closer to 1-1/16" than 1", now that I measure it myself. Let me know if you agree.

If you do agree, take a look at the S395-22 with the stamp option 2140.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)