SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alenco window balance

A home owner from Corpus Christi,Tx. says:
I need (2) two window balances for an Alenco sash part #2740 N
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you only have a picture of the bottom nylon piece. Can we also see the top nylon piece? That will help us locate the best possible replacement balance for you.
A home owner from Corpus Christi says:
Here is the top piece.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 351 or our Series 390 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 351 uses the 15-002 while the Series 390 uses the 15-001. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner from Corpus Christi says:
I think series 390/15-001 is the one. If the balances are available, are they going to be complete with the fittings, ready to go?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, when you order a balance Series it comes with everything shown, fully assembled.
A quick learner from Corpus Christi says:
Thank you Tom for your help. I'll order (2) two of the series 390/15-001 balances on your web site. Thank you again

Respectfully
Jacques
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)