Alenco window channel balance

A home owner from USA says:
Hi,
The Alenco windows were installed in around 1992. The single-hung window size is about 45" wide and 36" tall and weights about 30lbs. The length of the channel is about 34" long with a 3340 mark on the channel. Please tell me the correct channel to order, and I need 4 channels for the two windows. See attached pix.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend.

Paul
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our Series 395 channel balance, which I believe is a good replacement for your hardware. Let me know if you agree.
A quick learner from Napa, CA says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info. I agree with you and I have already placed an order for 4X3340 and 4X2740 under 395 series. By the way, I'm also a retired ME
A home owner from Napa, CA says:
Hi Paul,
I agree with you and already placed the order.

Another question for you. What happened and what can I do when the window with channel balance doesn't go down and mate the bottom evenly?

Thanks.

Paul
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If I understand you right, it sounds like the balance doesn't mesh completely inside the sash channel and the bottom shoe is sticking out. If that is the case, I would say it's either because the balance channel is too long or the shoe is too deep. Most times, the first two numbers printed on the metal balance channel is equal to the height of the glass in the sash. Check that to confirm if they're the same. If the balance shoe is too deep, you can file the two front wedges down.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.