SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alliance windows

A handy person from Kansas City, MO says:
I need to replace the window locks on Alliance windows. The locks have handles that turn. I also need to replace the parts that hold the window in place when they are opened.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you have, exactly. Could I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us find what you need. Thanks!
A quick learner from Kansas City Missouri says:
Here are pictures of the hinges I need to lock the windows and to keep them open.
Thanks,
karen
User submitted photo of their window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Karen. It looks like you're hoping to replace the lock and tilt latches. For the tilt latches, see our 26-244 for a possible match. Our 26-243 would be used on the opposite side. Please make sure to compare dimensions before you order, just in case. It's important that the dimensions are the same, or else it won't fit!

I'm afraid I cannot make a suggestion for the lock without a bit more information. Please give me the distance between the two installation holes, measured center-to-center. Please also give me the distance from the hole centers to the glass-side edge of the lock. This second measurement is known as the "offset." With those two measurements in mind, I should be able to recommend a good match. Thanks!
A quick learner from Kansas City, MO says:
I measured the distances between the two installation holes and the distance is 2 and 1/4th inches . The offset distance is 1/2 inch. It is not the tilt latch that I need; It is the other one in the picture that is resting on the bottom window.
Sorry I have not responded sooner.
Karen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Karen. For the lock, see our 90-173. That seems to match your measurements. As for the other part, it sounds like you want the vent lock. See our 26-362 and let me know if this is a match.
A quick learner from Kansas City MO says:
Thank you. I ordered the parts.
Karen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your business, Karen. Let us know if you need anything else in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)