SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alside Window weather stripping

A home owner from USA says:
Would you help me find the replacement parts per the attached photos. The windows are Alside model number 0969 and 0962

Thank You! You help is appreciated.
User submitted photos of wool pile & bubble seal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, thanks for the pictures. It's hard to make out the wool pile, but our 58-185 may be a good place to start. How do the dimensions compare? Is the profile the same? As for the bubble, consider our 58-055 as a possible replacement. Just make sure the dimensions match up.
A home owner from Buffalo, New York says:
Paul,

Thank You for your help. 58-185 won't work as you can see per the attached pictures I hope the new pictures will help you see what I am looking for

Thank You Again
Kader
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Kader. Looking at this photo, it appears that the wool pile weather stripping has a kerf type push in leg similar to our 58-053. Please confirm if it pushes into a groove in the window. Please also give m e its dimensions, specifically the height of the pile and the length/width of the kerf. This could help us identify the part.
A home owner from Buffalo New York says:
Hello Dave,

Thank for your help. The dimensions are similar to the part you referenced: 58-053. I have attached below 3 pictures of the part next to a ruler. The length of the wool pile = 5/16", The length of the kerf = 3/16",
the grove on the window = 1/10" wide by 1/4" deep. I hope this will in finding the part.

Thank You,
Kader
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, perfect. We don't have anything exactly like this, but could you just use our 58-053? It is very similar and it would serve the same function. If the dimensions are also the same it may be your best bet.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)