Alum window tilt latch

A home owner from USA says:
To Whom it concerns,

DO you offer tilt latches for aluminum windows? Photo attached.

Looks like 26-314 will work. 2 last questions before I order a bunch:
-is the triangular piece that goes in and out on the end spring loaded?
-will the triangular piece that goes in and out work with the existing round plastic tube inside the window track that the window moves up and down in. The original triangular piece has a curve in it that goes around the round tube. Photo attached.

Would appreciate your reply.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 26-314 appears to be our best match. The thing is, manufacturers are always changing the style of their hardware to accommodate other balances systems besides the the tube type you have now. I checked out the triangle tip of the 26-314 latch and it is long and narrow, so I think it could fit besides your balance tube. However without physically being there and installing it, I cannot say for sure.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.