SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Aluminum Screen door latch

A home owner from Tulsa, Oklahoma says:
The handle broke off this old screen door latch. I cannot fund any kind of markings on it. None of the latches available in local stores seem to fit. It does not have a screw at the bottom and I have no means to drill more holes. I forgot to write down the measurements but if the ruler in the pictures is not helpful enough let me know and I will send the measurements. Thank you.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot tell what you have based on this image, no. Dimensions would definitely help, but in the meantime check out our selection of storm door handles and see if anything here is a match.
A home owner from Tulsa, Oklahoma says:
I have some more information. The inside back of the handle has the following information (barely legible so it may not be completely accurate:

"Wartian Lock Co, St. Clair Shores, Wichlas" Also the number "900."

The handle is 5 3/4" in length and 3/4" width. There is 1 3/4 inches between holes. The inside latch is 1" length and 2 1/4 width.

The problem I had with one I tried from the local hardware store was that that the latch did not reach to the door and no room to make holes closer.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe your storm door lock is still available. I suggest you consider using a more standard type lock like our 40-033 or 40-034. Now, you say that the latch did not catch onto the "door." Do you mean the "keeper," or is this meant to catch on the jamb of the door itself? The two lock sets I mentioned come with keeper shims to build up the keeper. You also said you purchased a lock locally in your area, so maybe ask them if they carry extra keeper shims.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)