SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Aluminum Single Hung Window Balance - Stamped "39 59"

A home owner from Chicago says:

I am looking for the window balance which stamped as "39-59". The white round part (which support ropes) is chew up.
Is there possible for me to just replace the round part or I should just order the whole balance?
Do you have similar parts?

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Claire. I highly recommend replacing the whole balance altogether. We actually think it's dangerous replacing just the spring itself, considering how much tension these have. Especially yours, which looks to be extra strength.

We can replace it for you, but it will need to be a custom order. Fortunately, thanks to your great pictures, we have all the information we need to get started. Can you just tell me how many you're interested in?
A home owner says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. It's great that you can do custom order. I'll need 4 balances (2 pairs).
The channel width is 3cm (around 1.1811 inches). I did not measure the channel depth and balance rod length yet.
The original window supplier is Traco. Do you need any other info? Or should I send you a sample?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! That information is perfect, actually. We have everything we need to get started. I will email you a custom order form and price quote immediately. You can use that form to add the custom hardware to your cart, as if it were a normal item. You can then continue shopping or checkout as normal. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)