SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Aluminum double glazed sliding patio doors

A home owner from Camano Island, WA says:
I can find no markings on the doors to identify the manufacturer. All the replacement rollers I have seen on line appear to be adjusted from the edge of the door but my doors are adjusted with a 7 lobed silver colored wheel on the inside face of the door. Can you advise what the correct replacement roller is?

If identification is impossible at this stage, my plan would be to remove the sliding door and then remove the roller or roller assembly to (hopefully) be able to get a positive ID.
Thanks for helping.
Eventually, I will need 6 rollers to upgrade 3 sliding doors.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks like a very old Acorn patio door that is not made anymore. Please remove the roller and send us a detailed image.
A home owner from Camano Island, WA says:
Thanks and here is a pic of the rollers after removal from the door. The inner raceway has an eccentric thru hole and the 1/4 in. aluminum knurled shaft that presses into that hole provides the door height adjustment. The ball brg inner race is split. The opposite end of the aluminum shaft has a pressed-in end cap that was drilled away during disassembly. The nylon outer roller is 1.44 OD and 5/16 wide and the width of the inner race is 1/2 inch.

I might be able to make your 81-230 work if it's not too wide. Do you have exact replacement parts?
User submitted a photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. These new pictures are a huge help. We actually found something that may be a good match, though it is not currently in our catalog. We hope to have it added soon and will let you know as soon as it is!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO part 81-117, Off-Center Replacement Wheel Kit. Compare the measurements and let us know if they differ in any way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)