SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

American Craftsman 5500 keyed lock

A quick learner from NY says:
looking for American Craftsman 5500 glass patio door mortise lock with a key which can be locked from the outside. Thanks for your help.

I need to be able to lock patio door from outside.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Can you submit a picture or two of your existing handle set? I would like to see what is currently on your American Craftsman door so that I can make a recommendation.
Thank you for your reply. Please see attached image of the lock. It fits inside a vertical hole in the door frame, the handles are screwed on to a solid surface. I cannot see how a keyed lock could be possible without drilling a hole through the frame.
User submitted photo of American Craftsman keyed lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Normally, we use the 82-309 Key Set on the American craftsman door. However, we use it on the 82-035 Handle Set. I can't quite see your handle set on the outside, so I'm not sure if the key set will work on your outside handle. Take a look at the 82-309 Lock Set to see if it will work on your door. If not, you may have to include the 82-035 Handle Set.
Thank you. Attached are 2 more images of the door handle....please advise which lock I can order.
User submitted photos of patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Take a look at the 82-218 Mortise Lock, this looks like it could be a good match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)