SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

American Craftsman series 70 "broken" operators

A handy person from USA says:
Attached photos per your request. The arms are shorter than your Pdt specs which you referred me too. I need to order (7) Left Operators & (7) Left Operators. I hav forwarded photos per your request,
FYI the actual operator devise hole spacing is 3-1/8" c/c. Not able to accurately measure the operator arm but it is definitely shorter than your spec sheet of
5-1/4"
Richard H
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
A handy person from USA says:
The above comments which I made were in error. I sent a follow up email later confirming that the Reatlor arm is 5-7/16" per your Pdt spec sheet. Also, I asked what was the replacement procedure....
QUESTION: Is it required For the entire window to be "removed" to access the attachment hardware for operator arm???"

Please advise
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure which of our parts it is you're using as comparison. However, the pictured operator looks like our 39-415 and 39-416. Carefully review these parts and see if you could use them to repair your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)