SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Balancer J34 5#23 4-87

A quick learner from Cheshire, CT says:
I need a new balancer for an Andersen window. The number on the balancer is J345#23 4-87. I think the replacement balancer is 637. Is that correct?
Thank You,
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Tom, the correct replacement for your Andersen Balance will be the Swisco 24-531 Andersen Sash Balance.
A quick learner from Cheshire, CT says:
According to Andersen charts, based on window size, the replacement balancer should be 637 (which is your 24-637 part number). Are you sure it is 24-531? I'm concerned about the correct tension on the cord....
Thanks,
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The replacement for the balance you currently have, stamped J345#23, is the 24-531. The key numbers here are the 5#23, which is what we use to determine Andersen Sash Balance replacements. The 24-531 is used to replace balances with the following stamped numbers: 519, 523, 525, or 531.

The 24-637 is used to replace balances with these stamped numbers: 623, 627, 631, or 637; none of which are on your existing hardware.

Now, while I believe that the 24-531 is the replacement for your existing balance, I cannot say whether or not it is the appropriate balance for your window to begin with. It is fully possible that the 24-637 would be more appropriate. Please give us the size and weight of your window sash so we can confirm the correct balance.
A quick learner from Cheshire, ct says:
Paul,
If the replacement balance for the balance I now have in the window is 24-531, then I'm OK with that. I will order that one.
Thanks,
Tom
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)