SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

D90 7127 1083 Andersen Balances

A quick learner from USA says:
Looking for replacement Anderson sash balance box. Have not yet taken unit apart but according to your Utube video, just submit glass size for determining correct unit. Visible glass on both upper and lower sash is 20" x 32 1/2". Hope that is enough info. Thanks for your input. Mark
A quick learner from USA says:
Have removed sash box. Found number 11600-17 and D90 7127 1083. I believe second number includes manufacture date of 10/83. We purchased home new in early 1984.
Thanks
Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mark. I think the key stamps here are "7127," though I'm not sure. Can you confirm that the "1" is printed a little differently than the "7 27?" Perhaps a little smaller? If so, I think you should consider our 24-737 Andersen sash balance. This can replace Andersen balance boxes stamped with "7 27."
A quick learner from stanhope nj says:
Hi Tom,
Bingo! You hit it square.
It was a stretch to say that second digit was actually a 1 even looking thru a magnifying glass.
It did in fact have a look different from the rest of the numbers.
So gotcha on using the 24-737. Thanks for the detective work on this one.
Mark
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)