SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Casement Window Crank Stripped Part # 1521101

A quick learner from Braintree, Ma. says:
I bought 5 Andersen awning type window. From the beginning they were very had to work at the very beginning to open and the last part on closing. Two stripped out right away and the others shortly after. I sought info. at Braintree Lumber and was told there was many many reports of the same failure but no recall. I ordered the 2 replacements now being sold with a small rectangular shim that was required and bought separately. I installed them and they worked fine but were very expensive.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Take a look at 39-099, Andersen awning operator, and see 39-362, adapter plate. My only other suggestion is to make sure the window opens and closes freely when the operator is removed from the frame. We have hinges too if you think that might help, possibly 36-013-10, take a look and let us know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)